Tuesday, October 28, 2008

palin-lovers eating their babies

From Ana Marie Cox's interview with the McCain aide:

There's obviously an organized campaign to lay blame for things at my feet and I’m not going to engage before the campaign ends. I have a very long relationship with Fox News and the notion that someone would call me a coward on the air and accuse me of putting $150,000 on my credit card without a single person calling and checking with me suggests that something is going on.

I think the networks have re-emerged as the arbiters of what story gets through. Of late, we’ve paid so much attention to the impact of blogs and the democratization of media—everyone can be a blogger and you can sit in your home.

It’s almost as the cycle got to such a proliferation of information that I think people returned to the morning paper, the evening news as the arbiter of what is the important story. So while I think there’s more information out there, I think that it’s almost overwhelming for, you know like my mom and dad. They know what’s on the news at the end of the day. Newscasts and the compilation of a front page, has re-emerged as a place for information to be organized and consumed...

No comments: